Genetic testing for hereditary cancer: High quality, affordable to all!
Karyo announces the arrival of Color in our region! Color is a 30 gene panel, including BRCA1 and BRCA2, to assist women and men understand their risk for the most common hereditary cancers, including breast, ovarian, colorectal, and pancreatic cancer. and others. Color revolutionizes genetic testing with a series of characteristics:
- Comprehensive analysis of 30 genes implicated in the 8 most common hereditary cancers. Mutations and large genomic rearrangements are tested in all clinically relevant regions of the genes
- Non invasing sampling. Color can be performed on saliva or peripheral blood samples. Special, CE-IVD kits are provided by Karyo.
- Affordable price
- Turn around time in 3-4 weeks, on average
The Color genetic test
- is the result of scientific collaboration between well renowned scientists and physicians
- no false positive or false negative results in validation studies
- CAP-accredited and CLIA-certified, automated clinical laboratory
- All variants are classified according to ACMG guidelines
- All reported variants (pathogenic, likely pathogenic, and variants of uncertain significance, VUS) are confirmed by a secondary technology such as array CGH, Sanger sequencing, or MLPA
- VUS and likely pathogenic variants are re-reviewed every six months, as available medical literature and scientific knowledge are updated. Most VUS’s are eventually found to be harmless, and when there is more information we will contact you and your patient
For more technical information regarding Color read here